Friday, August 21, 2009

On Timing

I finished my program this week. I suppose I'll need a new sub-heading for my blog, even though I'm going to start applying to Ph.D. programs soon.

For now, however, I'm going to just kick back and relax... and get my wisdom teeth out (an hour or two from now). It was pretty hard to work an appointment for that in around my practicum schedule.

And I'm going to start job-searching (for supervised fieldwork) on either Monday or Tuesday, depending on how much pain I'm in. Either way... new sub-heading, here I come...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to you on finishing your program. It's an exciting feeling. :-) Good luck on the job hunt and the search for the right doctoral program.

    Hope the wisdom teeth pulling goes smoothly and the pain killers leave you with no pain. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No pain" would be inaccurate. Less pain than I'd feared... yes, that is the case. Honestly, it's the sensation of having a subjectively enlarged tongue is the most annoying part of this so far... I feel like I'm about to start pill-rolling or something.

    Tardive dyskinesia jokes aside, I just hope we can keep the swelling down... and I'm looking forward to being able to eat solid food again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! Very exciting!.

    Can I refer you to some magic crystals for pain? or perhaps some herbs?

    (oooh I'm joking), I do hope, seriously, that you feel better soon. I had three of those stupid wisdoms pulled-so now I am suffering sympathy pains for you.

    Hugs and laughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had all four done at once.

    As for the pain, I find that 7.5 mg of hydrocodone (every few hours) does wonders.

    'Course, it also leads to an impressive level of "distractability" (in that I'm zoning out on things every few minutes) and an inability to finish the blog posts I've been working on.

    ReplyDelete