Saturday, January 9, 2010

On Exhaustion, Part Two

I have memory issues -- pretty significant ones, at that. Without the extensive use of mnemonic devices and various external memory aids, I wouldn't be able to make it through the day. Despite this, my memory significantly outperforms most people's in many respects. It's one of the many ironic aspects of my life.


When I'm especially tired, however, another aspect of this pops up. My memory issues get worse and worse as I sink into exhaustion. As if this wasn't bad enough, however, when my exhaustion passes a certain point, I start to actually misremember various things. While this starts with minor details, it progresses if I don't get some desperately-needed rest.

I passed that point yesterday.


This is very much not a good thing. Fortunately, I detected what was going on pretty early and excused myself from an ongoing advocacy case to get the rest I needed. I won't be doing any direct work in that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment